Wednesday, April 11, 2012

How to: Make homemade vegetable soup






Hey Guys,
Hope everyone is doing well!
Today Im going to be posting something a little different.

Im no chef in the kitchen unlike my mother but I defo try my best. Now that I don't live at home and can't eat my mothers gorgeous food I try my best to re-create some of my favourite dishes. This being one of them.

So let's get Started!

What you need:
  • stock
  • 6 potatoes (for a big pot) potatoes thicken the soup
  • 1 big onion
  • 2 sticks of celery
  • any other vegetables you want
  • (I used) 2 carrots
  • 5 mushrooms
  • broccoli
  • salt & pepper
  • milk
  • cream (optional)



1. cut up your vegetables and potatoes




2. Throw everything into a big pot


3. Fill with water (just enough to cover everything) and add 4 teaspoons of chicken stock


4. Let it bubble away on low heat until vegetables are soft ( by now your kitchen with smell devine)


5. check everything is soft 


6. Now taking a hand blender, blend everything in the pot.
You can get these quite cheap mine was only 5euro from tesco.


7. Add 3 pinchs of salt a sprinkle of pepper a splash of milk
and a little drop of cream this is totally optional it just adds some extra flavour :)


And your all done :)


Once you make it once or twice you will know what you like and you can play around with the ingredients some people wont like it so thick or some will want more pepper or salt 
It's totally up to you!
Let me know how you get on :)


Love always
Saz xxxx